Friday, June 29, 2012

Yuberific News- I won a Boda Boda! WOW!

My English language skills are such, that I lack the words to fully describe how incredibly happy, excited and appreciative I am at being able to announce that I won the Yuba contest for the Boda Boda Cargo Cruiser! I really can't believe it and find myself walking around the house with a permanent grin! Really, I won! It's just amazing! I cried and laughed at the same time, I continue to feel so very, very appreciative.

One of my sketches I turned in, it's got the same curvy style.

It is such a beautiful bike, but now I have to decide which color! The step-over frame is larger and comes in green only, the step-through model is smaller and available in white or green. All the specifications and details are available on the new website.

Another sketch- got the color right!

You can see all the entries to the contest on Yuba's blog. There were 38 entries and they are all awesome, so I feel really lucky to have won! I refer to the Boda Boda as my dream bike, because when I drew my vision of it, I literally designed it to be what I would want in cargo bike. Enough room for groceries, a passenger, lower step over, lighter and with classic style. To me this bike feels like a lifestyle changer, I really hope it lives up to my expectations, I think it will! Thank you to everyone that has joined in my happiness, I literally answered over 100 messages yesterday, and felt so much love from everyone!

When Kyle got home from work yesterday,  I told him about next months challenge (see yesterday's blog post). He was a little worried, but agreed to join me as long as he gets one meaty dish a week on his BBQ, so I will be enjoying a mushroom burger, while he chows on a steak probably! I plan on showing some recipe ideas throughout the month and sharing what I eat, because it will help me stay accountable, but also may inspire others to join us!

Of course, I also got to share my wonderful Boda news with Kyle too, he is just as excited about it as I am, because it means he gets to adopt my Mundo, or maybe foster is the word....Not sure I can give it up yet, can't I just ride them both? I've been showing pictures to Jack and he keeps pointing at the Boda saying "mumma and baby bike" - makes my heart swell with pride I tell you!

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! H-U-G-E CONGRADULATIONS,my friend!!! LOL,I just shouted a "WOOHOO!!!" out loud when I read that,as if I'd won something myself,LOL! My friend,I am SO happy for you,Jack and Kyle that it feels weird since you're an "e-friend" i'll most likely never meet,but my friend,I am-I'm thrilled :D :D :D I can't wait until you guys get it in,and show pics of the whole family puttering along on the Yubas together...a whole Yuba family! AWESOME!!! :D:D:D

    The Disabeld Cyclist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TDC! Hard to believe hey? I'm just soooo excited about it! Thanks for always being a cheerful commentator! Lindsay

      Delete
  2. St. Madonna del Ghisallo(the patron saint of bycling)is obviously watching you!

    I can't wait to read stories about your new ride. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats and VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!


    TRIPPLLE FIRSTS!!!!!!!!!

    & as a question, do you like your cloud 9 seat as much as I do? I drive over the streets of New Orleans and the roads are so bad they eat cars.... the side walks are 10" or more topsy turvy..... MY Cloud 9 absorbs what it can, Do you like yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris- I LOVE my cloud 9 saddle- it's like a recliner! Thanks for reading and the congrats;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments, if you would like to be updated with replies to the thread click "subscribe by email" on the bottom right hand side of the comment box.
Thanks!