Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Boda Boda in Britain!


Conviction that we made the right move runs strong after our first four days here, honestly I feel like we've been here forever and am more in love now with my homeland than I ever have been. You know when you build something up in your head, you begin to wonder if you are seeing it in it's true light? Well, I was a little worried that England couldn't live up to my expectations, but it has shattered them and gone beyond. Kyle too, everyday he just smiles and says "thank you for sharing". Our main goal was a better standard of living, more freedom, less stress,and better opportunity for our son and there is no doubt in my mind that we are closer to those goals here than we were in our previous lives. It will be a long journey of hard work to get us to those goals, but they are attainable to more than the privileged here (in my opinion of course).


Now back to bikes...look at what our good friend Andy did.... He helped us build Britain's first Boda boda, well at least I think it is! And let me tell you, it is one lusciously gorgeous bike and everything I had hoped for. Sadly we haven't got a pump so I'm off to buy one today and then I can take the Boda out for it first spin around the village. Love those cork grips! 

Sorry about the wrong date stamp, I keep thinking I've fixed it and then it comes back...I assure you these pics were taken yesterday!

Blondy locks helping Daddy!


Andy putting the front wheel in place, whilst Jack checks out the ring-a-ling bell!

Notice the green pedals too! I love the stunning colour. Andy's wife, Sarah who describes herself as not liking bikes says she has proper bike envy for my Boda Boda and they were both impressed at the price point!

Nice bamboo rear deck with a handle!

I think he thought it was Christmas all over again, it surely felt like it for me too!

Andy is a real gem and whipped the bike together in no time, even with Jack's "assistance"!

I opted for the double kick stand as I was so impressed with the Mundo's, sure enough the Boda's stand is solid too!


I think I will be ordering some bamboo steps for it too!


 Thank you Yuba for my wonderful Boda Boda, I feel so privileged to have two of these amazing bikes and they have and continue to improve, change and inspire me.

The "mumma bike" as Jack lovingly calls it, the Mundo! Oh how I have missed thee!

Look at that little mechanic!


Andy has three year old James, so he's used to toddler assistants!

Bonding over bikes!

I love the fact that my little boy loves bikes!
Jack actually managed to tighten the mud guards on!

Andy takes the Mundo for it's first spin in the UK!

Lovely Grace, James and Jack enjoying a seat on the Mundo. Today Kyle and Andy are taken the little ones out for a ride on the bikes, while Sarah and I head to Bristol for a few more supplies we need.
The surrounding countryside is beyond words beautiful so I look forward to sharing many pictures and adventures in the near future. We shall be taking off down the Strawberry Line soon enough!

8 comments:

  1. These pictures are nice to see, I have been using a trailer which works pretty well, but I can see that these bikes are a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you were able to bring your bikes over and that your life move is as successful as you hoped it would be.

    Gerry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it there!!! Seems like it was the right thing to do. Looking forward to hearing about your American hubby's perspective of society in England. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ppost brought a warm and fuzzy smile to my face,so awesome to see y'all getting settled and Jack enthusiasm for helping is just too cute! Glad you guys had a sae move and are enjoying it :D

    The DC

    PS: And yes,BTW,that Boda Boda is sa-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its all so cool, so so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're on my side of the world now!! We just got back from a vacation in Scotland and a drive through northern England. We'll be back that way next summer. Perhaps we'll be able to meet up and bike together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So neat to see the bikes put together. Sounds like the move went well! I have enjoyed following along on your adventure. :)

    Aimee
    www.putyourflareon.blogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see the bikes put together. I have enjoyed following along in your adventure. Sounds like the move went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, if you would like to be updated with replies to the thread click "subscribe by email" on the bottom right hand side of the comment box.
Thanks!